OK, so you’re going to sleep over the holiday weekend. And you’ll need some time to finish all of your homework assignments before you come back to class on Tuesday. But you should have time for a bit of fun, too. On the list below, you’ll find a few suggestions. Use the clickable links for details.
- Attend the Chicago Jazz Festival.
- Go to North Michigan Avenue for the Magnificent Mile Shopping Festival.
- Watch the Navy Pier Fireworks on Saturday night — either from Navy Pier or from the Museum Campus.
- Have a picnic or a party with friends.
- Take a stroll on the Chicago River Walk.
- Visit Lincoln Park Zoo.
- Take a ride on a Chicago Water Taxi from the Michigan Avenue Bridge to Chinatown.
- Take a Segway tour or a leisurely bike ride along Lake Michigan. If you use Divvy, there’s a 30-minute limit per ride. You can also rent bikes for the day at Navy Pier and other locations downtown.